iStorage datAshur 256-bit Description
What is datAshur?
The iStorage datAshur is an easy to use and affordable USB flash drive, employing PIN access with military grade AES 256-bit hardware encryption.
The datAshur incorporates a rechargeable battery allowing the user to enter a 7-15 digit PIN onto the onboard keypad before connecting the drive to the USB port.
All data transferred to the datAshur is encrypted in real-time with the built-in hardware encryption engine and is protected from unauthorised access even if your datAshur is lost or stolen. The datAshur automatically locks when unplugged from the host computer or power to the USB port is turned off.
The datAshur operates straight out of the box, does not require any software or drivers to be installed and is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome, Android, Thin Clients and embedded systems. The datAshur delivers drag and drop encryption, plug and play simplicity and can be used with any software.
The datAshur can be configured with independent User and Admin PINs, making it perfect for corporate and government deployment. If the User forgets their PIN, the drive can be unlocked using the Admin PIN which will then clear the old User PIN and allow the User to set a new PIN.
The datAshur also incorporates a drive reset feature which clears both User and Admin PINs, destroys the data, creates a new randomly generated encryption key and allows the drive to be reused. The datAshur is capable of generating an infinite number of randomly generated encryption keys, allowing the user to reset the drive as and when required.
As the iStorage datAshur is unlocked via the onboard keypad and not via a keyboard, it is not vulnerable to software/hardware based key-loggers or brute force attacks. The datAshur protects your data with a “Brute Force Hack Defence Mechanism”, which deletes the encryption key and destroys all stored data if the incorrect PIN is entered a total of 10 consecutive times.
The datAshur is an investment that will last for years. Its rugged, extruded aluminium, waterproof casing is tampered evident and protects it against physical damage. The internal drive components are also sealed with a tamper-proof coating.
How does datAshur work?
Why choose datAshur?
Did you know that millions of flash drives are lost or stolen every year and this figure is rising? Have you ever considered the impact of losing your non-encrypted USB flash drive? Your data would be at the mercy of anyone who stumbles across it.
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) now has the power to fine businesses and government bodies up to £500,000 for serious breaches of the Data Protection Act. This includes the loss of a unencrypted USB flash drive that contains client data. The ICO has been very clear in advising businesses and government bodies to encrypt all data that workers access, they also recognise that data which is encrypted and lost or stolen is not vulnerable to compromise.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The European Union will soon have the power to fine companies €20 million or 4% of their annual turnover if they are found to be in breach of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The forthcoming legislation compels anyone who holds data on EU Citizens to implement adequate security measures to protect data from loss or theft.
Loss of confidential data can have a devastating effect on both businesses and consumers. It could lead to a hefty fine, the downfall of a business, embarrassment, job losses and adverse media attention. The iStorage datAshur can protect you against all of this.
What is the difference between software and hardware encryption?
- Complex passwords can be cracked easily and quickly with a Brute Force Attack
- Simple password cracking software is readily available on the internet, often free of charge
- Software encryption is vulnerable to keyloggers – where every key pressed is logged in either a software or hardware keylogger
- Software encryption can be corrupted by viruses
- Software encryption is much slower when compared to hardware encryption
- Software encryption needs to be installed on each computer that the external storage device is used on
- Software encryption shares computers resources to encrypt data with other programs on the computer, making it only as safe as your computer.
- The datAshur cannot be brute force attacked
- The datAshur is not vulnerable to keyloggers as the PIN is entered on the unit rather than the keyboard
- The datAshur does not require any software and can be used on Windows, MAC, Linux, Chrome, Android, Thin Clients and Embedded Systems.
- Encryption is performed in real-time thus there is no speed degradation
- No software or drivers are required
There are no reviews yet.